BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Zwinky Layouts »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Valentine's Day to.... Forget??

Yesterday was great. My husband, Michael, and I both had the day off work and were able to spend Valentine's Day together. It was nice. We slept in, went to a late lunch/early dinner, went shopping for antiqued home decor(our favorite pastime), and then came home with three different samples of paint for our guest room which none will call "home".

During our late lunch/early dinner, I get a phone call from Nikki. I answer and she says, "do you have any idea how flippin' hard it is to eat healthy on Valentine's Day?!"

Long pause..........

"So, I had a Jamaican jerk chicken sandwich for lunch"-me.
"oh that's not too bad. You should be OK."-Nik

Even longer pause...............

"And I devoured the most amazing french fries in my life."-guilty me.
"oh ya, you're screwed."-Nik.

So I'm sure I ate over 2,000 calories in one sitting which is way over our 1,200-1,400 bracket we're suppose to stay in. Oops. Needless to say, I came home and worked out to my Jillian Michael's video.

Before I started counting calories and thinking about what I was eating, I'm sure my intake was off the charts. Not anymore though.

(I'm choosing to act like yesterday never happened....)



-Bailey
______________________________________________


here's a healthy tip I found from www.hungry-girl.com for those of us who enjoy fried foods!

In your blender or food processor, blend Fiber One original cereal( be careful not to get any of the sweet stuff.... that could be weird) with your spices of choice and use as breadcrumbs! First, dip your chicken(or whatever you're making) into egg substitute, then roll into your "breadcrumbs" to evenly coat. Then just bake in your oven!  Its a great way to cut out all of those calories and fat that comes with fried foods and to pump up your fiber! I'll be doing this with fat free string cheese this evening.... I'll let ya know how it goes!

0 comments: